There’s nothing better than spending a morning or afternoon alone creating beautiful watercolour paintings.
It’s creative, relaxing, and it can even be therapeutic. If you’ve thought about trying watercolour painting, or taking up a new creative hobby, Better Beginnings - Watercolour Painting for Beginners is for you.
You’ll learn all the watercolour techniques a beginner needs to know, such as how to work with (not against) watercolour paints, as well as a few pro tips!
You’ll have plenty of fun working at your own pace – no rushing or boring drills required!
Watercolour painting can be intimidating – how do you control the paint?
This simple information is the critical step most beginners are missing, which means they become frustrated and give up, having never experienced the relaxation and satisfaction of producing beautiful pieces of art.
With Better Beginnings - Watercolour Painting for Beginners, there’s no chance of that!
You’ll be inspired and joyfully painting your own paintings in no time!
I’ll guide you through four paintings step-by-step, each adding a new technique to your growing skillset.
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t painted in years – or ever painted at all! Better Beginnings - Watercolour Painting for Beginners is suitable for beginners of all levels, and all you need to get started is a watercolour palette, water, a few brushes, paper, plus your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone to view the lessons. That’s it!
There are downloadable and printable PDFs provided for each lesson, so you’ll be fully supported on your journey.
- Welcome FREE PREVIEW
- Hot Air Balloon Inspiration (your photo references)
- How to Draw Hot Air Balloons
- Basic Watercolour Terms and Techniques FREE PREVIEW
- Blooming Cauliflowers!
- Lesson Notes - Basic Watercolour Techniques
- Sketching A Festival of Balloons
- Painting A Festival of Balloons
- Lesson Notes - A Festival of Balloons (Composition)
- Painting a Balloon in a Sky
- Lesson Notes - Balloon in the Sky (Value)
- Sunset Silhouettes - Layer 1
- Sunset Silhouettes - Layer 2
- Lesson Notes - Sunset Silhouettes (Transparency and Layering)
- Sketching Up, Up and Away!
- Painting Up, Up and Away - Part 1
- Painting Up, Up and Away - Part 2
- Painting Up, Up and Away - Part 3
- Lesson Notes - Up, Up and Away (working from reference photos)
- Conclusion and Thank You
What if I can't draw?
This course includes easy drawing tips for even the most reluctant sketcher, which will get your paintings off to a terrific start.
What do we paint?
We’ll paint 4 serene hot air balloon scenes to teach you the basics of working from reference photos and a range of other techniques. After, you’ll be able to go on, learn more, and paint for relaxation and pleasure.
How much does the course cost?
The course costs $49, plus you’ll need to invest a little in some supplies if you don’t yet have any paints, paper or brushes, which are all extremely affordable.
How long can I take to complete the course?
As long as you like! If you feel like you didn’t master the first lesson, repeat it again. The beauty of this course is that you can work completely at your own pace and work through the lessons again until you feel like you’ve mastered the techniques.